Sometimes after flashing your phone does not work properly and mostly it shows the unknown IMEI error, I also faced this problem some days ago, I have reset my Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 smart phone device and after reset it starts showing Unknown IMEI / Invalid IMEI and the calls and SMS system was disabled, I search a lot on internet but can’t find any proper solution 3 days to repair it, and the 4th day I got the easy and proper solution of this problem and it was so simple, so today I am going to share that method with you all, so if you are also getting Unknown or Invalid IMEI error on your cell then you can also try this easy step to repair it.
How to check IMEI code of Xiaomi Redmi Phones?
- This is too much simple method and everyone knows it that how we can check it, but for the new people I am again telling you that just dial *#06# to check your IMEI number of your mobile, you can use this code with any brand or company’s smart or normal phone. (If you are getting unknown or invalid error then just see the 2nd step below).
- Just Remove your mobile phone’s back cover and also remove the battery, and here you can see it, in some devices you can’t remove the battery then in this situation you can check your mobile box or battery.
Step by Step Photo Guide
After check the IMEI code write down it to any page near you and now start the following process.
AndroidRoot.xyz is not responsible for any kind of damage of your device, so please do this at your own risk.
Restore or Change IMEI Process
- Just go to engineer mode, to go to engineering mode just follow the short instruction below!
First of all just open the dialer of your mobile and dial this code, *#*#3646633#*#* and the Engineer mode will be open on your mobile screen.
- Now just go to Connectivity > CDS Information > Radio Information > Phone 1.
- Now in the top box just put this command, AT +EGMR=1,7,’write your IMEI number’ and tap on send at command.
Recheck the space after the AT; otherwise this method will not work.
- Now Just go back to set the 2nd IMEI number of your device, because mostly devices of Xiaomi Redmi have dual sim, if you have single sim then you have done, but if you have a dual sim mobile phone then follow the next steps also.
- Now Tap on Phone 2.
- Now in the top box just put this command, AT +EGMR=1,10,’write your IMEI number’ and tap on send at command.
Recheck the space after the AT; and the EGMR is 1,10 not 7, otherwise this method will not work.
- Now just quit the engineer mode and restart your device, you have done it.
Now after restarting you can check the number by dialing *#06#, and now you can call or send SMS, and all the networks will work and show on your smart phone.
Step by Step Photo Guide
So guys if this page solved your problem then please like and share this website and the page to your social media accounts, it will help us to promote our work and website.