Hello guys today we are going to tell you an easy updating method that how to update your Xiaomi Redmi 2, 2A, 2Prime on android lollipop 5.1.1 version, by updating this your device’s warranty will not be loosed because we are going to update it through official release. So guys if you want to install it on your device officially then you are on the right place and you will learn this easy method in step by step instructions.
These devices “Xiaomi Redmi 2, 2A, 2Prime” are currently running on MIUI 7 and it is based on an older version of android operating system that is 4.4 kitkat, it is also a very good and well liked version but at this time people want to update their operating system versions so we have decided to write this tutorial post of updating for you in our blog, and we update this device through AOSP rom (android open source project) not from MIUI.
Caution: AndroidRoot.xyz is not responsible for any data loss, damage or bricked device during this process of update or after this process, please do it at your own risk.
Requirements to update Xiaomi Redmi 2 on Lollipop 5.1.1
- First of all charge your device up to 70 to 80 percent.
- Create a full backup of your device and all personal data also like images, video galleries etc.
- Download and install the USB drivers of your device on your windows computer.
- Windows computer and compatible micro USB cable.
- Download this custom Rom file of android 5.1.1 lollipop, click here to download.
How to Update Xiaomi Redmi 2 on Lollipop 5.1.1 Android
- First of all move the downloaded file to your SD card root (not in any folder) and shut down your device.
- Now boot your device into TWRP or CWM recovery mode, you can hold press Power + Volume Up buttons at the same time to get this recovery mode on your smart phone.
- Now here in the menu just select install from the SD card option and select the download custom rom file.
- The flashing / installation will be started and it will be completed in 5 to 7 minutes and after completing of flash your device will be restarted and your device will be on the new android version lollipop 5.1.1.
Read also: How to Root OnePlus X
So guys you have done all the procedure easily and without any lengthy steps, and you can check the version of your smart phone by going in to Menu > Settings > About Phone. So guys if you have liked our article and post then please share it with your friends on social networking sites and if you are getting any problem in this process then you can leave your message in comments below and we will reply you as soon as we can.