Once again hello guys, this is Zain here to tell you the complete method that how you can easily update Xiaomi Redmi note 4g to CM12 Android 5.0.2 Lollipop and this is the latest version of android operating system that is a great and hit operating system of mobile by Google INC and mostly mobile phone companies are using it on their smart phones. So guys if you are waiting for the latest update of MIUI for your smart phone to update it on new version of android system then just leave it and enjoy the new unofficial CyanogenMod CM12 ROM for your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G smart phone.
The custom developers of CyanogenMod 12 ROM made this unofficial update for the users of this smart phone and we are thankful to the developers because I am also using this phone and bored from its older version, the current version of the system is not much good and it has much technical issues in it so I also upgraded my cell to this unofficial custom ROM update of CM12, and now I will tell you also this easy method with simple and easy instructions step by step.
First of all you have need to download some files to start this process, and the I have attached the files below in this paragraph just download these files to your windows computer and move these files to your computer’s desktop.
Caution: AndroidRoot.xyz and the team will ne be responsible of the damage in your device or bricked device or data loss during this process of update or after this process of update of CM12 custom rom, so do this at your own risk.
Requirements to Update Xiaomi Redmi redmi note 4g to CM12 Android Lollipop 5.0.2
Download Custom Rom and Gapps
- Charge your smart phone’s battery level up to 60%.
- Backup your all personal data to your computer or anywhere else like your pictures, videos, contacts etc.
- You have need a windows computer and a compatible micro USB cable.
How to Install CM12 (CyanogenMod) Lollipop 5.0.2 on Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G
- Now connect your smart phone with your windows computer through compatible micro USB cable.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G’s SD card (external storage).
- After successful transfer just shut down your device and boot it into recovery mode.
How to get Recovery Mode to your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G device?
Answer: Hold Press Power + Volume Down keys same time for 5 to 6 seconds; release the keys when recovery mode appears and here you have need to select the recovery option by using scroll down key and use scroll up key for selection.
- Now here in this mode just select the “wipe data factory reset” it will perform a factory reset, after completion just go to step 5.
- Now to advance and select “wipe the cache” and then go to “dalvik cache” it will clear all the cache.
- Now just go back the main menu of the recovery mode and select the option of “install from SD card”.
- Now here you have need to select the download Rom file that you have moved in your SD card, it will flash the rom file in your smart phone and it will take up to 3 to 5 minutes in processing, after completion of this flash just repeat this process for the Gapps file also.
- After the installation completed of both files and Custom Rom, you will go back to main menu of recovery and select the option of “Reboot”, it will restart your device but it will take extra time to start your device on the first startup of your Xiaomi Rdmi note 4g device.
Now you are running android lollipop 5.0.2 version on your latest gadget, you can confirm the version of the system from your phone, to check or confirm the version just follow this simple instruction.
How to check the android version of Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G: Just to Menu > Settings > About Phone > and here you can check the version.
So guys if you have done all this procedure successfully then like and share this post and if you have any issue regarding this update of custom rom of CM12 then you can leave your message in the comments box below and the team member of AndroidRoot.xyz will reply as soon as possible.