In this tutorial/article we are going to guide you how to root your honor 6X and how to unlock bootloader and how to install TWRP in this smartphone which was launched in 2016 October by just following some simple steps. By rooting your device you will be able to customize your phone the way you like, increase the processing speed and much more. So if you want to enjoy all these benefits then scroll down and follow the steps.
Specification & Features of Huawei Honor 6x
- 5.5 inch display with 1080×1920 pixels.
- 12MP camera with 1080p High Defination video.
- 4GB HiSilicon Kirin 655 RAM.
- 3340 mAh battery.
Disclaimer: You will not be able to claim your smartphones warranty when rooted, SO DO AT YOUR OWN RISK. You can claim it again if you un-root the device.
Requirements to Root Honor 6X & Unlock Bootloader and Install TWRP
- Charge you smartphone above 60 percent as it should not turn off during the process and rooting takes a lot of time.
- Make sure that you create a backup of your files. Although this is not a data-loss procedure but still for safety purposes you create one on your computer.
- Enable OEM unlock and USB Debugging from developer options under settings. If you can’t find Developer Options then you need to turn them on too first by tapping multiple times on Build Number under about phone in settings.
- Download ADB drivers from the following site: http://adbdriver.com, and install them.
- Download ADB files on your computer, and UNZIP it (IT WILL BE IN A ZIP FOLDER).
- Download TWRP and rename the file with .img file. (If the file is saved with a different name.)
- Download this SuperSU file > Download SuperSU and move this file to the internal storage from the external storage of your device.
How to Unlock Bootloader in Honor 6x
- Write down the serial number and IMEI number of your device on a notepad or somewhere else.
- Get the ID of the device by typing *#*#1357946#*#* in the dialer app of your device.
- Visit Huawei unlocking website, Create an account here > Unlock Huawei
- Click on the Download option and select the Unlock Bootloader option from here.
- Click on Agree.
- Fill the form with the required information.
- Select Commit Option.
- Save the code you will get after selection the commit option.
- Connect your Huawei honor 6x to the computer by using an original data cable and make sure it’s not a faulty one.
- Click on ADB folder and open it, Hold Shift key and Right click in the folder, then click on Open Command Window option here.
- Write the command; ‘’adb devices’’ without commas and press enter.
- Now give the following command: ‘’adb reboot booloader’’.
- Again write the following command and give the code that you got in step 8 here, ‘’fastbootoem unlock xxxxx’’
- Follow the instructions given on your computer screen.
- Disconnect the smartphone/device from the computer and turn it ON.
Read also! How to Unlock BootLoader OnePlus X
You have successfully unlocked the bootloader of you Honor 6X. Now it’s time to flash the custom recovery TWRP. Follow the steps:
How to Root Honor 6X
- Connect the device with a genuine USB cable and make sure it’s not faulty.
- Open the ADB command prompt.
- Write the following command; ‘’adb reboot bootloader’’
- For flashing TWRP, write the following command; ‘’fastboot flash recovery twrp.img’’
- After all this give one last command; ‘’fastboot boot twrp.img’’ and restart your device.
Now we will Flash SuperSu to Root Honor 6X
- In TWRP recovery mode, select the install option.
- browse for the SuperSu.zip, the zip file that we transferred to the smartphone before.
- Be Patient, let the process complete.
- After the installation is finished, Select on the reboot option.
ALAS! You have successfully rooted your Honor 6x.
Let us know about your experience in the comments section. If any questions pop up in your mind, comment them below too.