In this tutorial we are going to guide/teach you how to root your Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 and how to unlock its bootloader as rooting it will make it more excelling in terms of processing speed and much more.
Specification & Features of Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 has 5.50 inches large touch screen and the resolution is 1080×1920 pixel and its PPI rate is 403 pixel per inch. This latest smartphone is powered by 1.4GHz processor and its Ram is 2 GB. It is one of the most powerful device launched by Xiaomi (Brand Name).
You should be aware of many things before rooting your device as it will void your warranty and you won’t be able to claim the warranty and all your data will be wiped so make a backup of your data first.
Follow the steps written below to root your Xiaomi Redmi Note 3:
Requirements to Root & Unlock BootLoader Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
- Make sure your phone is charged above 50 to 60 percent as this is necessary because the phone should not turn off during the rooting procedure as it is a time taking one.
- Make a complete backup of your Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 in order to save your data if anything goes wrong, although this is not a data loss procedure but still a risk. So make a complete backup on your computer.
- You need to have Bootloader unlocking permission from MUIU.
- You need to download Mi Flash unlock downloaded on your computer, Search it on Google for the latest version.
- If you are running windows 10 then make sure you turn off the Driver Signature Enforcement.
- You also need to have patience for this procedure as it is a time taking one.
There are 3 main steps of rooting your Device:
Step to Unlock BootLoader and Root Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
- Unlocking the bootloader: Just open the Mi Flash Unlock, Reboot your Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 in Bootloader mode and follow the on screen instruction. You can reboot in bootloader by holding the power button and volume up button
- Flashing the custom recovery: First you need to download fastboot and ADB in your computer, just download from Google. Download the custom recovery TWRP. Reboot your Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 in fastboot mode and connect it to pc with an original data cable. Open up Command Prompt and type ‘’fastboot devices’’.
- Type again ‘’fastboot flash recovery xxx.img’’. The xxx.img is the recovery file that you downloaded so replace it accordingly.
- Flashing SuperSu: Download the latest version of SuperSu.zip from their official site. Place the zip file in the internal storage of your Xiaomi Redmi Note 3.
- Now Reboot into recovery mode.
- Once rebooted into TWRP click on ‘’install’’.
- Go to the SuperSu file that you placed in the internal storage and confirm that you want to flash.
If you have done everything in accordance with the steps given above, there should be no issues in rooting. It will take some time and your phone will be rooted.
Congrats, your Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 is now rooted.
If you have any questions that you want to ask about the steps or about rooting, comment in the comments section below.