This tutorial will guide you to root Samsung Galaxy J2 J200H with SuperSU. Here we will be using TWRP recovery to flash the SuperSu Zip file to get root access on Galaxy J2.The Process is very simple and easy, just follow the steps, to Root Samsung Galaxy J2 J200H.
Samsung Galaxy J2 Comes with Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. It has a Quad-core 1.3 GHz Cortex-A7 CPU, Exynos 3475 chipset, Mali-T720 GPU coupled with a 1GB RAM and it has 8GB of internal storage. The phone is priced very low and is considered a low budget phone. It’s best for normal usage and not any major kind of use. Although by rooting it, it can become a powerful device.
WARNING: Remember rooting android device may void your warranty, and you won’t be able to claim it after you root your device.
This is only for Galaxy J2 LTE, Model Number SM-J200H. Check your model number don’t try this method on different variants.
Requirements to Root Samsung Galaxy J2
- Make sure your device has more than 40% battery.
- Device must be running on Lollipop.
- Make Sure TWRP is installed On Your device. You can install its latest version by searching on Google.
- Make a complete backup of your device, as it may result in a bricked device or a data loss procedure.
How to Root Galaxy J2 J200H Step by Step
- Download SuperSu from chainfire’s official website > Download SuperSU.
- Make Sure TWRP is installed on your device. Check pre-requirements section for the guide.
- Now download SuperSu Zip file from the download section.
- Connect your device via USB to your windows PC and make sure the USB cable is not a faulty one or it will disconnect the link during the procedure and it will result in a bricked device.
- Transfer the SuperSu zip file to the internal memory of your Galaxy J2 J200H.
- Now Boot your device into recovery mode (press and hold Volume Down button + press Power button).
- Now flash the SuperSu to get the root access, you can do that by following the procedure below. now download Super SU zipped apk from download link above and save file in the internal memory of your android smart phone mobile.
- Boot your Galaxy J2 J200H into recovery mode of TWRP, to do this you can follow this simple and short instruction > (Press & hold Volume Down button + Power button + Home button). when you see your Galaxy J2 J200H’s screen turned black then release Volume down button only and press the Volume Up key and don’t release other 2 keys. Don’t release all three keys until you see TWRP Recovery mode on your mobile phone’s screen”.
- Here in the recovery mode you will see many options just tap on “Wipe” option and select “Swipe to Factory Reset” option from the end of screen.
- After completing it just go back to main menu of TWRP Recovery, tap on “Install” option and select SuperSU (zip file) that you have saved in the internal memory of your mobile phone in Step 1.
- After selecting the .zip file, tap on “Swipe to Confirm Flash” option and installation process will be started.
- If you stuck on the bootloop screen then just go back to recovery main menu and wipe data and cache.
Congratulations, if you have done the flashing procedure right your Galaxy J2 J200H is now rooted. Download Root checker from play store to confirm it.
Any questions in mind? Do let us know in the comments section.