Here in this post we are going to tell you that how to root Samsung galaxy S5 (F Version, T Mobile, Verizo) and all, Samsung S5 was released as the newer version of S4. When it was released, it was the most powerful and most expensive phone of that time. It had a Super AMOLED 5.1 inches of FHD touchscreen. It came with a 2.5 GHz of quad-core processor. The camera quality was also great because the rear was a stunning 16 MP and a 2 MP secondary camera. Samsung Galaxy S5 came with 2 Gb of ram with 2 different variants which were 16 Gb and 32 Gb also.
By rooting the Samsung galaxy s5, you can install custom Rom, install rooted applications and different tweaks. You can increase processing speed with some popular tweaks.
Rooting you phone is always a dangerous process as it could result in a bricked phone so DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. You also won’t be able to claim the warranty as the root voids it.
Requirements to Root Samsung Galaxy S5
Make sure your device is charged above 50 percent as this is a time taking process. Make backup of your data on your computer as this is a risk and you can lose your data while rooting if something goes wrong. Enable USB debugging mode on from developer options under Settings. Check all these things before getting started and you will root your device in no time. If something goes wrong you could have a bricked device so do it RIGHT.
Follow to following steps to root your device:
Steps to Root Samsung Galaxy S5
- Download the latest version of CF-Autoroot for your device from this link > Download ChainFire-AutoRoot and save it to your desktop.
- Extract the zip file on your desktop.
- Run the extracted file by clicking on ‘’Run as administrator’’.
- Download and install ODIN from this link > Download ODIN. Make sure it’s the latest version of it.
- Run ODIN application tool.
- Click on the PDA button in odin and choose the ‘’.tar.md5’’ file which will be located in the CF-autoroot folder.
- Turn off your phone.
- Reboot your phone in recovery / fastboot mode by clicking and holding the Power, volume down and home buttons together.
- Tap the volume up button to continue.
- Connect you Samsung galaxy s5 using an original cable as it should not disconnect the link in between the Pc and Phone, which will result in a bricked device.
- Make sure RE-PARTITION is not checked in ODIN.
- Click the Start button and wait for it to restart and flash.
You are all done, if you have done the procedure the right way as in the steps then your device will be rooted. You can download Root checker to confirm the root. If it is still negative you can do all the steps again.
If you have any questions, comment them in the comment section, also write down your experiences about this Samsung Galaxy S5 G900 smart phone.