Today in this rooting tutorial post we are going to tell you that how to root Asus ZenFone 2 easily with simple and easy steps in just 5 minutes only, but for this process you have need a computer or PC also, so if you want to root your Asus ZenFone 2 android smart phone device then you are at right place and in a short time you will learn that how to do it simply.
After getting root access you can do more with your android mobile phone, like you can install any kind of custom updates / software updates to your Asus ZenFone 2 device and you can remove any application (pre-installed) from your mobile phone. You can enhance your smart phone memory and speed any time, means all the control of your device will be in your hand, you can do anything with your smart phone.
Asus ZenFone 2 Specifications and Features (Short)
This beautiful gadget was released in January 2015 its alternate name is ZE551ML, its weight is 170 grams, and it has a high quality 3000 MAH battery that is non-removable.
Its screen size if 5.5 inches that is a large screen size and you can enjoy videos and pictures amazingly; its screen resolution is 1080×1920 pixels.
Its processor is 2.3 GHz quad-core and it has made by Intel atom Z3580 and as you all know that Intel is the best processor company in the world. It has 4 GB Ram and 32 GB internal memory and you can expand its memory anytime by inserting a micro-SD memory card up to 64 GB.
It has 13 mega pixels back (rear) camera but its quality is very good like Samsung and Oppo, it is along with a powerful flashlight and its front cam is 5 mega pixels it also has very good quality to take selfies.
It is a dual sim mobile phone so if you are user of 2 mobile numbers then this mobile phone Asus ZenFone 2 is best choice for you, because you can’t find this kind of mobile phone in this price range.
Caution: Androidroot.xyz and team is not responsible for any kind of data loss, damage or bricked device during or after this rooting process, please do it at your own risk, and after successful root your Asus ZenFone 2’s official warranty will be void.
Requirements to Root Asus ZenFone 2
- You need a Laptop, computer or any windows pc to do it.
- Download and install Asus ZenFone 2 USB drivers to your windows computer, to download USB drivers just follow this link, USB Drivers for Asus ZenFone 2.
- Enable the USB Debugging option in your phone setting, you can do it by going to setting > developer options > find USB debugging and enable it.
- If you don’t see developer options in your mobile phone setting then just go to settings > about phone > find the ‘built number’ tap it 7 to 9 times and you will see a message that you are developer now, and now you can see the developer options in your setting menu.
- Download ClockWorkMod recovery and SuperSU files in your windows computer or laptop, Download ClockWorkMod.
Steps to Root Asus ZenFone 2 Simply
- Now connect your smart phone with your windows computer through a USB cable and your PC will recognize your Asus ZenFone 2 because you have installed the USB drivers on your windows PC or system.
- Now go to the folder of ClockWorkMod recovery files and copy the supersu files to your smart phone’s internal memory.
- Now unzip the clockworkmod recovery files and find the Cai_Dat_CWM.Bat file and run it as administrator on your computer. (To run as administrator it just right click on Cai_Dat_CWM.Bat file and select Run as administrator).
- Now you will see a DOS (CMD) screen on your PC.
- Now you have need to type T4 in the DOS or CMD window and press the enter button and your Asus ZenFone 2 smart phone will automatically restart and will go the recovery mode.
- Now on your mobile screen you will see the recovery mode option and you have need to select the “Install Zip from SD Card” option.
- Now find the “SuperSU Pro.Zip” file and flash it.
- Flashing will start and it will be finished in a short time, and do not unplug your phone during this process.
- In a short time your smart phone will be restarted.
You have done it my friends, your smart phone has been rooted successfully and now you can install any custom rom for Asus ZenFone 2 and there are so many updates for this model of android phone.
If you are facing any problem in any step then please leave your comment below!